1. K-State home
  2. »Rec Services home
  3. »FAQs

Recreational Services

Frequently Asked Questions


Do students have the option of billing their student account for intramural fees, rental of equipment, etc?
Sorry, we do not bill student accounts.

What are the Rec Complex parking regulations?
All parking regulations, enforcement, permits, charges, etc. are administered by Parking Services in 1 Parking Garage (785-532-7275). Permits are required Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Metered parking is also available.

Can I use the playfields to practice?
Recreational Services programs have priority on these fields for intramural events, sport club activities, and rentals. Students can use the fields when available to practice. Please check the "play/no play" signs located around the playfields before using the fields. "No play" indicates the playfields are not available for use due to poor field conditions or inclement weather.

How do I go about renting the sand volleyball courts or the playfields at the Rec Complex?
Contact John Wondra, at jwondra@ksu.edu , to inquire about rentals/reservations. In addition, you will need to fill out our online form found here

How do I go about reserving or renting space at the Rec Complex?
Contact John Wondra, at jwondra@ksu.edu , to inquire about rentals/reservations. In addition, you will need to fill out our online form found here


Do you keep my credit/debit card number on file?
No, we do not keep credit card information on file. 

Can I renew my membership and/or locker by telephone?
You can renew over the phone (785)532-6980 for membership and/or locker renewals with a debit or credit card. Or feel free to stop by the administrative office to renew in person.

Can I renew online?
Sorry, we are not currently set up to process online payments.

Does my membership allow me access to fitness classes?
Yes, group fitness sessions are free, with the exception of special event classes which are fee-based. 

How can I become a member if I am not a student or faculty/staff?
All users must have an affiliation with K-State. If you are not a K-State student, faculty or staff, you may purchase a membership with the K-State Alumni Association to be eligible to purchase a membership with Recreational Services.

Rec Complex

What are the Rec Complex peak hours?
Peak hours usually occur Monday through Friday during fall and spring semester from about 3-9 p.m., with the highest usage between 7-8 p.m.

I forgot my student ID or membership key tag. Can I still get in?
Facility use is a privilege. You must present your valid student ID card or membership key tag each time you use the facilities. No K-State ID/keytag equals no admittance.

How do I reserve a court? (i.e. racquetball, squash, or wallyball)
Reservations can be made one day in advance in person at the north service area or by calling 785-532-6950.

How many guests can I bring in and what is the cost?
A student or facility member (18 years of age or older) may host five guests per visit. All guests are required to provide photo identification and remain in the company of their host while using the facility. 

Guest Passes (14 years and older)

Recreation Complex: $8 per person per day (purchased at the service area)
*Rec members with children 14 years of age and older who are not members will be subject to guest fee rates.

Guest Passes (13 years and younger)

Recreation Complex: $5 per person per day (purchased at the service area)\
*Sales tax included

Member's children under the age of five years will be allowed in free of charge. 

*Please note that some areas and equipment have age restrictions. Click here to view our policies.

How old must children be to use the weight room or cardio equipment?
Patrons must be 17 years or older to use the weight room, cardio deck and running track. They may be asked to show appropriate ID to verify age.

Fitness services

Is there anyone who can show me how to use the weight room equipment and machines?
We offer weight room orientations conducted by weight room supervisors. No need to register, just ask one of our weight room staff for assistance. 


Do I have to pay a guest fee to come watch an intramural event?
We allow entrance for intramural spectators at no cost as long as they are not dressed to participate in physical activity. All spectators will be asked to show photo ID and sign in on the guest log sheet.

How many teams can I play for during a major team sport?
You can play for one men's/women's team and one co-rec team. For example, you cannot play for both a fraternity division team and an independent division team. Remember that once you have played for a team, you are not allowed to drop from that team and play for another team. 

Can I play in an intramural contest without my K-State ID?
Each person participating in K-State intramurals must show their valid K-State ID to the game officials or intramural supervisors prior to participation.

Do we need to supply our own team jerseys?
Recreational Services will supply scrimmage vests for major team sports to teams who do not have their own jerseys. Teams can have their own jerseys. All jerseys supplied by individual teams must meet the requirements listed in the intramural rule book for the sport-specific activity. Recreational Services reserves the right to ban any team jersey that is found to be offensive or that does not meet the rule book requirements for jerseys. Please contact the intramural director with concerns prior to purchasing any jerseys.

Outdoor Rental Center

Who can rent outdoor equipment?
Equipment is available to current K-State students, faculty staff members, and members of the Rec Complex with a valid Rec Services keytag. 

What if I would like to rent a piece of equipment during the middle of the week when the Outdoor Rental Center is not open?
Special arrangements can be made by contacting the administrative office at 785-532-6980 no less than 48 hours prior to the time you would like to pick up the equipment.

How much does it cost to rent equipment?
Check here for a list of equipment and rental cost.