Peters Recreation Complex
The Chester E. Peters Recreation Complex is located on Olympic Drive, just east of the K-State football stadium near the intersection of Kimball and Denison Avenues.
There will be no organized activities at the Recreation Complex without special permission except those sponsored by Recreational Services.
Meet our student staff
The Peters Recreation Complex is handicapped accessible and includes:
- 14 handball/racquetball courts
- two squash courts
- two wallyball courts
- three gyms that include 10 basketball courts
- weight/fitness area
- cardio deck
- combatives room
- group fitness studios
- two indoor tracks -- one for running and one for walking only
- circuit/stretching area
- table tennis
- locker rooms with saunas
- service areas at north-side and south-side entrances
- administrative office
Weight/fitness area and cardio deck
The weight/fitness area and cardio deck has more than 10,000 square feet of cardiovascular machines and free weight equipment. The cardiovascular equipment and selectorized weight machines are on carpet, while the free weight equipment is on rubber tiles. There are more than 225 pieces of weight-training equipment, 9.4 tons of free weights, and approximately 100 pieces of cardiovascular equipment. The variety of cardiovascular equipment for aerobic exercise includes treadmills, stair climbers, bikes, and rowers.
Each indoor track is elevated. The track above the small gym measures 14 laps to the mile and accommodates both walkers and runners. The mall track has four lanes and is 1/7 of a mile around. Two inside lanes are designated for walking, and two outside lanes are for running.
First aid trainers
During the academic year, first aid trainers are available to provide evaluation and treatment of sports-related injuries for participants at the Recreation Complex, Sunday-Thursday from 5-8 p.m. and for scheduled intramural team sport events. Services include administering first aid and providing taping services and are available at no charge to students and facility use members.
Handball/racquetball/squash/wallyball court use
The Recreation Complex is equipped with 14 handball/racquetball courts and two squash courts. Two racquetball courts are used for wallyball.
Basketball, badminton, volleyball and tennis courts cannot be reserved for general patron use without completion of a Facility Rental Agreement. These activities are set up and have priority during "priority use times" as listed below. During priority use times, courts cannot be monopolized by a single group. They are shared space and time.The only courts that can be reserved without a Facility Rental Agreement are racquetball courts. Patrons can reserve racquetball courts Monday-Friday between 4 p.m. and 9 p.m. Outside of these time frames, courts are "first come, first serve." Patrons may reserve no more than one day in advance; meaning, if they call on a Monday, they can only reserve a court for Monday or Tuesday. This is known as the 24-hours in advance rule. Reservations can only be made for 1/2 an hour per day, per patron, and made not less than 1 hour preceding the reservation time. By taking a reservation, Rec Services does not reserve a particular court. We simply guarantee that a court will be reserved for the patron.
- Courts 1 and 2 are to be reserved for wallyball only.
- Courts 3, 4, 9 and 10 are to be reserved for racquetball only.
- Courts 15 and 16 are to be reserved for squash only.
- All other courts are for open or drop-in play.
- A patron can only sign up for 1/2-hour time slot, once per day.
- Reservations can be made over the phone or in person.
Priority use schedule for multipurpose courts
- Court 1: Basketball - always priority
- Court 2: Basketball - always priority
- Court 3: Basketball or volleyball - first come, first serve
- Court 4: Basketball or volleyball - first come, first serve
- Court 5: Volleyball - always priority
- Court 6: Volleyball - always priority
- Court 7: Basketball or badminton - first come, first serve
- Court 8: Badminton - always priority
Priority use schedule for MAC gym (through May 12)
- Sunday: Intramural indoor soccer 3:30-11 p.m.
- Monday: Open use for tennis 7:30-10:30 a.m. / Intramural indoor soccer 5-11 p.m.
- Tuesday: Open use for tennis 7:30-10:30 a.m. / Intramural indoor soccer 5-11 p.m.
- Wednesday: Open use for tennis 7:30-10:30 a.m. / Intramural indoor soccer 6:30-11 p.m.
- Thursday: Open use for tennis 7:30-10:30 a.m. / Intramural indoor soccer 6:30-11 p.m.
- Friday: Open use for tennis 7:30-10:30 a.m. / Hockey Sport Club 6-7:30 p.m. / Open indoor soccer 8-11 p.m.
- Saturday: Open use for indoor soccer noon-2:30 p.m.
Note: Volleyball use is limited to one court and basketball is limited to two courts.
Designated basketball courts are available on a first-come, first-served basis. When full-court (pick-up) games are in progress, "next-on" procedures are in effect. Winners will stay on, next five players challenge the winners.