Intramural basketball playoffs
Playoff brackets for all divisions have been posted. Teams with a .500 or better league winning percentage and a minimum 2.5 sportsmanship rating will go to playoffs. Team captains are responsible for notifying players of game times.
Entries for intramural softball, indoor soccer, and individual doubles sports will be accepted March 10-13. Download an info sheet and entry form and turn in to the Rec office by 5 p.m. on March 13.
Mar 31-Apr 23
8 sessions meeting on Mon & Wed at 6-7 a.m. in the north weight room. Featuring battle ropes, TRX, dynamax med balls, agility training, high intensity intervals, and power intervals. Receive unique conditioning from skilled trainers and be prepared to sweat! Intermediate/advanced level. $45 students / $65 Rec members. Sign up in the Rec office.
Student employment opportunities
- Maintenance support team: Apply by submitting your current resume to the Rec administrative office by March 20. Upon employment, individuals must be willing to complete a 4-hour mandatory safety training, as well as be able to devote 20-30 hours per week this summer. If hired, you are required to be currently Red Cross Certified (adult/pediatric CPR, AED, FA) or be able to attend a Red Cross certification class on June 7 at the Rec Complex (free of charge for those hired).
- Assistant building supervisors, weight room supervisors, and lifeguards: for summer 2014 and fall 2014 start dates. Sign up for an interview beginning March 24 at 8 a.m. in the Rec Complex administrative office. There is a limited number of interview time slots, so make sure you stop by the office early on March 24! Applicants must be available to interview on Sunday, April 6. Note: All applicants interviewing for a lifeguard position must have a current American Red Cross lifeguard certification.
March 9, 1 p.m.
A fun, 2-hour beginner-level course, intended to expand your knowledge of climbing in an indoor gym! By the end of this class, participants will learn basic climbing movements and techniques, as well as the types of hand and footholds and how best to use them effectively. This class will help you improve your climbing ability and also teach you some climbing basics and etiquette. It’s a great way to improve your climbing experience! K-State students / $7.50; Non-students / $10. Register in the Rec office during business hours or by calling 785-532-6980.
Intramural officials needed
Interested K-State students must attend all training for the sport they are interested in. Earn $7.75/hr to officiate intramural sports. For more info, contact Armando Espinoza at email@example.com.
- Softball training: Mar 12 & 13 at 5 p.m.
- Indoor soccer: Mar 13 at 6 p.m.
Food drive for Flint Hills Breadbasket
Recreational Services is collecting non-perishable food items for donation to the Flint Hills Breadbasket. Items most needed include: peanut butter, canned meat, oatmeal, hamburger/tuna boxed meals, and sugar. Collection boxes will be located inside both the north and south entrances at the Rec Complex.
Women's self-defense class
April 1-May 8
A 6-week basic, physical self-defense program for women meeting 2x/week on Tues & Thurs from 4:30-5:30 p.m. in the combatives room at the Rec Complex. Cost: $60 for students / $90 for Rec members. Register in the Rec office. For more information, call 785-532-6980.
Employee of the month
Join us in congratulating Doyle Pletcher as Employee of the Month for January 2014!
Winter closure of outdoor recreation area
The outdoor tennis courts, basketball courts, and sand volleyball courts are closed for the winter.
K-State Challenge Course
Contact Travis in the administrative office at 785-532-6980 to make reservations for your group!
Register for an orientation and belay skills class in the Rec office by calling 785-532-6980. Follow us
@KStateRockWall for climbing wall specific news and updates.
Quik Cats Cliffside
Refresh and relax at the Cliffside with a made-to-order smoothie! A wide variety of beverages and snacks is also available.
Rec Services personal trainers and fitness coaches can develop an exercise program specifically for you -- either regular personal training at the Rec Complex or aqua personal training at the Natatorium! Certified trainers and our fitness coaches have the knowledge, skills, and experience to help you achieve your goals. Besides the traditional 1-to-1 personal training, consider these alternate options:
- Buddy personal training option: Buddy personal training means two individuals can work together with one personal trainer!
- Aqua personal training: Aqua-certified personal trainers can provide one-on-one personal training in water to reach fitness goals. This will allow for resistive training that is lower impact than land and can be sport specific (i.e. training for triathlons). Purchase aqua personal training sessions in the office at the Rec Complex.
Whenever inclement weather may require closing of the Rec Complex or pools, we ask patrons to check for adjusted facility hours on-line, by Facebook or Twitter announcement.
Rec Services advancing sustainability
Rec Services participates in the K-State EcoReps Program -- promoting more energy efficiency, increasing recycling and reducing waste, and pursuing environmentally responsible purchasing practices.