Recreational Services Facility Rentals
There will be no organized activities except those sponsored by Recreational Services at the Recreation Complex or surrounding areas without special permission.
Both indoor and outdoor facilities are available for rentals as time permits as outlined below.
Priority for scheduling for rental events will be in the following order:
- Recreational Services sponsored activities
- Center for Student Involvement (CSI) registered student organizations
- K-State departments
- Non-university organization activities
- Rental groups must abide by established Recreational Services policies.
- Facility rental reservations will not be taken for any one group on an ongoing basis.
- For those groups who charge admission, and/or have merchandise sales, there will be a 15% surcharge (15% of billing grand total) added to the rental cost.
- Facilities, fields, parking lots, etc., are to be left in the same or better condition than found. Charges will be assessed as necessary for clean-up, damages or loss of equipment.
- Under no circumstances will field use be allowed if the fields are deemed unusable. Recreational Services staff will make the final determination concerning playability of fields, up to and including game or use time.
- Parking permits are required Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-4 p.m., at the Recreation Complex. Arrangement and fees for parking are not included in the rental contract and must be arranged through Parking Services, 101 Parking Garage, telephone 785-532-7275. Metered parking is also available.
- Complete the Facility Request form by clicking here. Fees are listed below in the Schedule of Charges.
- Review policies and fees. Complete the Facility Request Form online.
- Non-university organizations must have proof of liability insurance listing Kansas State University and Kansas Board of Regents as additionally insured, with the minimum limits of $1,000,000 personal injury coverage per person and $50,000 personal property coverage per occurrence.
- Student organizations registered through CSI will not be required to provide proof of insurance.
- Submit the Facility Request Form a minimum of 14 days in advance of the event.
- Reservations will be considered if they do not interfere with established Recreational Services' programs and we are low on use times.
- A 14-day notice of cancellation is required to receive a full refund of a deposit.
- No refund of under $25 will be made for fees charged by Recreational Services.
- Recreational Services will determine the number of departmental supervisory staff necessary for the event, including any set-up or clean-up necessary.
- Groups under the age of 18 must have a minimum of one adult per area being rented when indoors.
Charges for approved use
Student Organizations registered by CSI will be allowed to reserve facility space at no cost for practices, special events or philanthropies if the organization receives no financial gain from the use of the facility. Student organizations are allowed no more than 6 free hours per semester After 6 hours, Tier 1 rates apply. (These 6 hours do not apply to the Natatorium.)
In order for the Tier 1 rate to apply to a CSI student organization, K-State students shall be actively involved in the rental and shall not apply for a student organization rate for an outside entity. All other associated charges for employee staffing, equipment rental, and damages will apply.
Reservation of the entire MAC gym by student groups shall be limited to no more than 2 hours. Any reservation in excess of 2 hours by student groups shall count as another separate reservation of the 6 allowable reservations for the semester by the student group.