We strive to educate and are committed to the development and management of quality recreation facilities, services, programs and the promotion of well-being for the Kansas State community.
Our vision is to be a recognized leader that promotes active and healthy lifestyles in a diverse setting while providing learning and leadership opportunities.
We strive to exceed the expectations of our patrons and utilize our resources to provide
- Programs and services of variety, content, and diversity
- Modern, clean, durable and maintained equipment
- Exceptional student and professional staff
We believe and recognize the values of a successful team by demonstrating
- Commitment to departmental policies and procedures
- Integrity to patrons and co-workers
- Accountability in efforts to maintain the facility and equipment
We strive to provide information and knowledge in
- All dimensions of wellness
- Policies and procedures of utilizing our facilities and programs
- Student and staff development, training, leadership and empowerment
We are an integral part of the university that values promotion of
- Student-focused programs fostering accessibility, inclusiveness, and diversity
- Collaboration with campus departments and involvement in university initiatives
We recognize the importance of growth by
- Embracing innovation and improvement
- Providing opportunities for student development and leadership
- Maintaining flexibility in management and mentorship
We will provide an enjoyable atmosphere for our patrons and student employees by offering
- Positive and memorable customer service experiences
- Friendly, welcoming and caring attitude
- Activities that encourage inclusive participation
Rec Services Council
Recreational Services strives to educate and is committed to the development, and management of quality recreation facilities, services, programs and the promotion of well-being for the Kansas State University community.
To ensure the quality and quantity of recreational opportunities, the Recreational Services Council promotes and supervises the administration of the recreational and fitness programs, services and facilities available at Recreational Services.
The council will oversee the physical recreation and fitness services offered to K-State students, faculty and staff, and alumni by Recreational Services. The council will serve under the responsibility of the assistant vice president for Student Life.
Recreational Services should provide and promote the following criteria:
- Enjoyable experiences for participants.
- Development of habits of participation that will carry over into everyday living.
- Wholesome, social relationships through group and individual activity.
- Respect for sportsmanship and the principles of fair play.
- A balanced lifestyle of physical and mental well-being.
- Opportunities for creative expression.
- Leadership and fellowship qualities.
- Emotional situation that is conducive to learning.
Students should have freedom of choice, equality of opportunity, and responsibility for sharing in planning, supervising, and administering the recreational programs and services. In response to the needs and desires of the university community, the following program areas will be emphasized:
- free time recreation
- competitive intramurals
- fitness and wellness programming
- K-State Challenge Course
Bylaws of Recreational Services Council