Recreational Services COVID-19 Updates
In support of Kansas State University’s plans to resume in-person classes for the fall 2020 semester, Recreational Services will reopen on August 3.
Recreational Services plans to reopen in three different phases in efforts to help keep our K-State community healthy. There will be some new things to expect during each phase. Below is a breakdown for our patrons of what Phase 1 of reopening will entail. We appreciate your help and understanding as we work through this together.
Monday, August 3 - Friday, August 14
Hours of Operation:
|Chester E. Peters Rec Complex:||Monday-Friday: 8 am-6 pm|
|Administrative Office:||Monday-Friday: 8 am-5 pm|
Policies and Expectations:
- Patrons are to enter the facility through the North entrance. The South parking lot and entrance will be closed during this phase. Upon entering the facility, patrons will have their temperature checked.
- Face coverings are REQUIRED of patrons and employees.
- All students that attended K-State in Spring 2020/Summer 2020 will have facility access.
- All paid members will be allowed entrance.
- Guest passes will not be sold.
- Patrons are encouraged to utilize the hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the building.
- Patrons are asked to maintain a 6 feet distance from others when possible.
We also encourage all patrons to wipe down equipment before and after use.
- All drinking fountains will be closed: therefore, patrons are encouraged to bring personal water bottles in the absence of this amenity.
- Signage will be posted throughout the building regarding policies for individual areas. We ask patrons to please follow the posted guidelines.
- No outside equipment will be allowed.
- No cash sales. Credit and debit cards will be accepted.
- Locker rooms and showers
- All courts (basketball, racquetball, and small gym, MAC gym)
- Climbing Wall
- Fitness studios
- Performance zones
- Lobby areas
- Cardio deck
- North and south weight rooms
- Selectorized weights machines
- Walk/running track
- Mat stretching areas
- Equipment check-out
- Towel service
- Personal training
- Group Fitness classes
- Drinking fountains
- Building reservations
Plans for this phase will be posted on August 14. Phase 2 will begin August 17 pending COVID-19 situation and changes. Updates throughout these phases will be posted on our website and social media accounts.