Wildcat Wellness Coalition
Recreational Services, Lafene Health Center and Counseling Services have created a wellness coalition to more formally collaborate on providing information and activities on health and wellness issues to our campus community.
As student service agencies at Kansas State University, our focus is on student development via physical and emotional wellness.
The mission of this wellness coalition is to provide a formal and consistent forum for focusing our efforts in reaching our community.
What is wellness?
Wellness can be defined with 7 dimensions. Combined, these dimensions embody the true balance of an individual's wellness.
- Seeking opportunities for self-enlightenment and liberation
- Progression toward a stronger sense of purpose, personal values and meaning of life
- A state of harmony with self and the rest of the world/universe
- Freedom from illness, disease and need for medications
- Ability to function and regularly participate safely in a variety of activities
- Maintaining a balanced diet and regular sleeping habits
- Acknowledgement of and appreciating one's interdependence with and impact on the natural environment
- Positively contributing to the protection and sustainability of our environment
- Establishing a positive physical living and working environment (positive energy)
- Seeking and integrating opportunities to grow professionally, be challenged and successful
- Garnering satisfaction and enrichment from one’s chosen career and the professional relationships developed
- Capability to contribute positively, productively and safely to the collective whole
- Forming and contributing to positive relationships and mutual respect
- Comfortably and effectively performing a variety of social/group roles
- Seeking and fulfilling leadership roles that contribute positively to your community
- A continuous openness to new concepts, ideas, perspectives and cultures
- An unbridled curiosity to seek new and diverse experiences/challenges
- Ability to successfully learn, apply new learning, change and adapt
- Being aware and accepting of one’s feelings
- Ability to and having outlets for expressing one’s emotions constructively
- Being able to adjust to change and seek positive outcomes
- Being happy and positive
Center for Advocacy, Response and Education (CARE): www.k-state.edu/care
LGBT Resource Center: www.k-state.edu/lgbt