Rec Services Council
RS mission statement
Recreational Services' mission is to develop, promote, and manage the administration of recreational and fitness facilities, services, and programs for the campus community at Kansas State University. Active and healthy lifestyles enhance opportunities for the continuance of personal and professional maintenance and growth. These lifestyles are positively affected by the quality and quantity of the services, programs, and facilities we provide. Recreational Services promotes student development and provides leadership opportunities in a diverse setting for its participants and employees.
RS Council purpose
The Recreational Services Council promotes and supervises the administration of the recreational and fitness programs and services available at Recreational Services in order to ensure the quality and quantity of recreational opportunities.
Goals and objectives
This council will oversee the physical recreation and fitness services offered to K-State students, faculty and staff, and alumni by Recreational Services. The council will serve under the responsibility of the assistant vice president for Student Life.
Recreational Services should meet the following criteria:
- To provide enjoyable experiences for participants.
- To promote and encourage the development of habits of participation that will carry over into everyday living.
- To promote wholesome, social relationships through group and individual activity.
- To promote and encourage a respect for sportsmanship and the principles of fair play.
- To promote and encourage the development of healthy lifestyles, including cardiovascular and muscular fitness, proper nutrition, emotional stability, spiritual growth, and substance control.
- To provide opportunities for creative expression.
- To promote and encourage leadership and fellowship qualities.
- To provide an emotional situation that is conducive to learning.
Students should have freedom of choice, equality of opportunity, and responsibility for sharing in planning, supervising, and administering the recreational programs and services. In response to the needs and desires of the university community, the following program areas will be emphasized:
- free time recreation
- competitive intramurals
- fitness and wellness programming
- sport clubs
- K-State Challenge Course