Outdoor Recreation Area
The outdoor recreational area surrounding the Recreation Complex includes these lighted facilities:
- playfields for football, soccer and softball
- four sand volleyball courts
- six tennis courts
- three basketball courts
- two 3-wall handball/racquetball courts
A running/walking trail is also available.
The outdoor recreation area is for use of valid wildcat ID card holders or Rec Services members and the K-State tennis team.
- Recreational Services-sponsored activities
- K-State student organizations registered with the Office of Student Activities
- K-State departments
- Non-university organization activities
Tennis courts 1-6 are reserved for the K-State Tennis Team on Mon-Fri from 3-6 p.m. and Saturday from 8 am-1 p.m.
Tennis courts 1-5 are reserved for the K-State Tennis Club on Tuesday's and Thursday's from 7-8:30 p.m. This is subject to change each semester.
Outdoor areas are available for open, non-reserved use during non-Recreational Services use times. Play is on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations can be made in advance for use of these areas.
- Any scrimmages or use of a single field by more than one team will require a reservation.
- Special time or certain field use requires reservation.
- A reservation is required for the following situations: a) any scrimmages or use of a single field by more than one team; b) special times or certain field usage including lights.
- Reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- Detailed information concerning reservations.
General facility use policies
- Alcoholic beverages, smoking, and tobacco products are prohibited.
- Appropriate attire is required.
- Under no circumstances will field use be allowed if it is wet or raining. Recreational Services staff will make the final determination concerning playability of fields, up to and including game or use time.
- Other restrictions: Bicycles, skates, roller blades, animals, hockey, golf are not permitted.
- Please protect the tennis courts by wearing non-marking shoes.
- Private instruction is strictly prohibited.
- If "no play" signs are posted, please stay off the fields, regardless of current weather.
- Backstop signage states "no hardball batting practice." This will be permitted with a catcher with no throwing or hitting directly into fencing.
- Failure to comply with these rules will result in immediate removal and loss of privileges.
- 5:30 am-Sunrise
Hours are subject to change based on weather or facility closures.
Use of fields by non-university groups
- Daily use will be considered for practice only and is on a "first come-first served" basis.
- Recreational Services programs and approved activities have priority. K-State students have first priority for any field use following Recreational Services programs or approved activities.