Outdoor Recreation Area
The outdoor recreational area surrounding the Recreation Complex includes these lighted facilities:
- playfields for football, soccer and softball
- four sand volleyball courts
- six tennis courts
- three basketball courts
- two 3-wall handball/racquetball courts
A running/walking trail is also available.
The outdoor recreation area is for use of valid wildcat ID card holders or Rec Services members and the K-State tennis team.
- Recreational Services-sponsored activities
- K-State student organizations registered with the Office of Student Activities
- K-State departments
- Non-university organization activities
Tennis courts 1-6 are reserved for the K-State Tennis Team on Mon-Fri from 3-6 p.m. and Saturday from 8 am-1 p.m.
Tennis courts 1-5 are reserved for the K-State Tennis Club on Tuesday's and Thursday's from 7-8:30 p.m.
Reservation of outdoor areas
Outdoor areas are available for open, non-reserved use during non-Recreational Services use times. Play is on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations can be made in advance for use of these areas.
General facility use policies
- Cereal malt and alcoholic beverages, smoking, and tobacco products are prohibited in facilities at all times.
- Appropriate attire is required.
- Under no circumstances will field use be allowed if it is wet or raining. Recreational Services staff will make the final determination concerning playability of fields, up to and including game or use time.
- Animals are not allowed on the grounds.
- Bicycles are not allowed on the playfields and outdoor recreation areas.
- Golf is not allowed on any part of the playfield area.
- Other restrictions: Bicycles, skates, roller blades, animals and hockey are not allowed on the tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, or basketball courts.
- Please protect the tennis courts by wearing non-marking shoes.
- No private instruction. No area or facility will be used for private gain, including but not limited to private lessons/training of individuals or groups.
Sand volleyball lights are on a self-timer and can be set by the participants free of charge. Lights on the playfields are for intramural and special reservation use only.
Use of fields by non-university groups
- Daily use will be considered for practice only and is on a "first come-first served" basis.
- Recreational Services programs and approved activities have priority. K-State students have first priority for any field use following Recreational Services programs or approved activities.
- Any scrimmages or use of a single field by more than one team will require a reservation.
- Special time or certain field use requires reservation.
- If "no play signs" are posted, please stay off fields, regardless of current weather.
- Rules as stated on field signs or backstop signs will be strictly enforced. Backstop signage states "no hardball batting practice." This will be permitted with a catcher with no throwing or hitting directly into fencing.
- Kansas State students have first priority for any field use involving Recreational Services' programs or approved activities.
- Daily use will be considered for practice only. No regularly scheduled practices or organized games! Field use is on a "first come-first serve" basis.
- A reservation is required for the following situations: a) any scrimmages or use of a single field by more than one team; b) special times or certain field usage including lights.
- Reservations may be made by calling Recreational Services at 785-532-6980. Summer office hours are Monday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m., and Tuesday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- Failure to comply with these rules will result in immediate removal and loss of privileges.