Outdoor Recreation Area
The outdoor recreational area surrounding the Recreation Complex includes these lighted facilities:
- playfields for football, soccer and softball
- four sand volleyball courts
- six tennis courts
- three basketball courts
- two 3-wall handball/racquetball courts
A running/walking trail is also available; however, it is not lighted for evening or early morning use.
The outdoor recreation area is for use of valid wildcat ID card holders or Rec Services members and the K-State tennis team.
There will be no organized activities except those sponsored by Recreational Services at the Recreation Complex or surrounding areas without special permission.
- Recreational Services-sponsored activities
- K-State student organizations registered with the Office of Student Activities
- K-State departments
- Non-university organization activities
Tennis courts 1-6 are reserved for the K-State Tennis Team on Mon-Fri from 3-6 p.m. and Saturday from 8 am-1 p.m.
Tennis courts 1-5 are reserved for the K-State Tennis Club on Tuesday's and Thursday's from 7-8:30 p.m.
Reservation of outdoor areas
Outdoor areas are available for open, non-reserved use during non-Recreational Services use times. Play is on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations can be made in advance for use of these areas.
General facility use policies
- Cereal malt and alcoholic beverages, smoking, and tobacco products are prohibited in facilities at all times. This includes buildings, grounds, parking lots, and any surrounding area. Violators are subject to disciplinary action.
- Groups will be responsible for their users' actions and conduct. All players, participants, and spectators are encouraged to exhibit good sportsmanship and conduct themselves in a manner that will bring credit to the individual, the organization, Recreational Services, and Kansas State University. Gross or abusive language and/or actions are prohibited.
- Appropriate attire is required.
- Facilities, fields, parking lots, etc., are to be left in the same condition or better condition than found. Trash is to be placed in appropriate receptacles.
- Under no circumstances will field use be allowed if it is wet or raining. Recreational Services staff will make the final determination concerning playability of fields, up to and including game or use time. There will be no vehicles other than emergency vehicles allowed on the fields. Parking is allowed in parking lots only. Parking Services policies apply to use of parking lots.
- Animals are not allowed on the grounds, which includes playfields, all court areas (including sand volleyball courts) and all outdoor facilities. Guide dogs are an exception.
- Bicycles are not allowed on the playfields and outdoor recreation areas. Bicycle racks are provided at the Recreation Complex.
- Golf is not allowed on any part of the playfield area.
- Other restrictions: Bicycles, skates, roller blades, animals and hockey are not allowed on the tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, or basketball courts.
- Please protect the tennis courts by wearing non-marking shoes. If your shoes make marks on the courts, you will be asked to leave. If you notice others using shoes that mark the courts, please remind them to help also. Please help keep our courts free of marks.
- No private instruction. No area or facility will be used for private gain, including but not limited to private lessons/training of individuals or groups.
Sand volleyball lights are on a self-timer and can be set by the participants free of charge. Lights on the playfields are for intramural and special reservation use only.
Observe signage with site specific policies for sand volleyball, tennis courts, outdoor basketball, and field rules located at these facilities.
Use of fields by non-university groups
- Daily use will be considered for practice only and is on a "first come-first served" basis.
- Recreational Services programs and approved activities have priority. K-State students have first priority for any field use following Recreational Services programs or approved activities.
- Any scrimmages or use of a single field by more than one team will require a reservation.
- Special time or certain field use requires reservation.
Rules as stated on field signs or backstop signs will be strictly enforced. Note: Clarification of backstop signage stating "No hardball batting practice" means without a catcher and throwing directly into backstop or fence.
- If "no play signs" are posted, please stay off fields, regardless of current weather.
- Rules as stated on field signs or backstop signs will be strictly enforced. Backstop signage states "no hardball batting practice." This will be permitted with a catcher with no throwing or hitting directly into fencing.
- Kansas State students have first priority for any field use involving Recreational Services' programs or approved activities.
- Daily use will be considered for practice only. No regularly scheduled practices or organized games! Field use is on a "first come-first serve" basis.
- A reservation is required for the following situations: a) any scrimmages or use of a single field by more than one team; b) special times or certain field usage including lights.
- Reservations may be made by calling Recreational Services at 785-532-6980. Summer office hours are Monday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m., and Tuesday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- Failure to comply with these rules will result in immediate removal and loss of privileges.